Thermal Infrared Imaging for Your Home in Colorado Springs
An infrared (thermal imaging) camera detects infrared light (or heat) invisible to the human eye. That characteristic makes thermal imaging incredibly useful for identifying and documenting issues that are not readily visible using conventional inspection techniques. Potential problems that may not be detected during a visual inspection include:
- Leaks and subsequent mold growth hidden inside wall cavities;
- Roof leaks concealed inside attic spaces that are not readily accessible;
- Moisture intrusion through cracks and joints in foundation walls that are covered with drywall;
- Leaks in radiant heating systems that are concealed by floors and walls;
- Heat loss and air intrusion around windows, doors, chimneys, and poorly insulated attics;
- Overheating in electrical systems and components to include circuit breakers, electrical wiring, outlets, and switches;
- Birds, animals, and rodents that are hiding and nesting inside wall cavities and attic spaces.
Our report shows standard digital images side by side with infrared images. This provides clients with a clear point of reference and enables them to quickly and easily understand the infrared data. Without this data, clients could be purchasing a home with hidden and potential harmful and costly defects. We strongly encourage all clients to include thermal imaging with every home inspection.
Contact us now to schedule a thermal, infrared imaging test and inspection.